Moms Can-Do’s: Music Classes + More
Tuesday, January 07, 2014
If you want to get your kiddos involved in music or dance but want to try before you buy, look no further than The Rhody Center in Pawtucket. From January 5-January 11, they will be hosting their first annual January drop-in week. For $10, your little ones will have the chance to try out one of the center’s classes, ranging from musical theatre, to music for toddlers, and more!
172 Exchange Street Unit 201, Pawtucket, RI. (401) 475-5995.
Take your kids to a family friendly show at Ocean State Theatre in Warwick this Saturday! The Toe Jam Puppet Band out of New Bedford specializes in completely hands-on entertainment for kids and kids-at-heart. Enjoy a fun-filled day of dancing, song, puppetry, and so much more.
1245 Jefferson Blvd., Warwick, RI. (401) 921-1777.
11 French Drive, Boylston, MA. (508) 869-6111.
Every Wednesday, head over to the EcoTarium to enjoy some hands on fun—just for kids under 3! Preschool and Toddler Wednesdays feature a story-time, a supervised craft, and best of all: the opportunity to meet a live animal!
222 Harrington Way, Worcester, MA. (508) 929-2700.
Celebrate the chill of winter and all of the snowy fun that comes with it! This Thursday, take the trip to Weaver Library in East Providence for a winter celebration complete with song, dance, and more! Sing and dance the snow out of the sky, and enjoy wintery stories...perfect for kids under 8.
41 Grove Avenue, East Providence, RI. (401) 434-2453.
Related Slideshow: Post-Holiday Activities
Take some time to go to a Providence winter favorite, Providence Rink, for a relaxing skate. Pack some hot chocolate and your skates, pick up a friend, and revel in the winter chill. As a bonus, if you are looking for a fun New Year’s treat, the rink will be open until 1 am New Year’s Eve!
2 Kennedy Plaza, Providence, RI. (401) 331-5544.
Photo: Mass Office of Travel and Tourism/flickr
Bring your family and friends along for an action packed day of winter fun at Yawgoo Valley Ski Area and Sports Park, Rhode Island’s only ski resort. Spend the day enjoying winter favorites like skiing, snowboarding, tubing and more.
160 Yawgoo Valley Road, Exeter, RI. (401) 294-3802.
Try your hand at an offbeat winter sport: snowshoeing! Besides getting out of the house and experiencing the natural beauty of the Rhode Island winter, you will also get your exercise in and definitely work up a sweat. Try Pardon Gray Preserve in Tiverton!
Tiverton, RI. (401) 625-1300.
Photo: Denali NPS/Flickr
Recuperate your body and soul after the stress of the holiday season with some meditation. Providence Shambhala Center invites you to learn to meditate for free on Sundays from 10 am to noon and Wednesday evenings from 5:30-6:45 pm. Enjoy the silence!
541 Pawtucket Avenue, Providence, RI. (617) 903-SMCP.
Spend your New Year’s Day freezing your behind off for a great cause. Participate in the 3rd Annual Winter Wish Swim at Colt State Park. The cost is $20 for each people who dips into the frigid waters, and includes a commemorative t-shirt with more chances to win sweet prizes. Proceeds benefit Children’s Wishes.
Route 114, Bristol, RI. (401) 253-7482.
Photo: schumin web/flickr
Sometimes there’s nothing better than looking into the frigid winter sky to gaze upon shining stars, constellations, and more astrological wonders. Join the folks at Frosty Drew Observatory in Charlestown to do just that. Every Friday night, the observatory hosts public stargazing events for an opportunity to see planets, the moon and more. This event is FREE, but donations are appreciated.
62 Park Lane, Charlestown, RI. (401) 364-9508.
- Moms Can-Do’s: Crescent Park Carousel + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Meditation for Kids + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Yoga + More
- Moms Can Do’s: Halloween Fun For Little Ones
- Moms Can-Do’s: Eco-Friendly Crafts + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Petting Zoos + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Toys, Museums + More
- Moms Can Dos: Trampoline Fun + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Fishing Holes + End of Summer Fun
- Moms Can-Do’s: Pumpkin Patches Now!
- Moms Can-Do’s: Adventureland + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Gingerbread House Workshop + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Stargazing + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Ballet + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Higgins Armory + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Steam Train, Riverboat + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Blueberry Picking + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Ice Skating + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Summer Evening At The Park + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Carousel Adventures + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Lighthouses + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Trolley Tours + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Cool Fun at Mystic Aquarium + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Magnet Discovery + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Worcester Eco-Tarium + More